Friday, August 9, 2013

Inspiration for your Friday

I have been a bit under the weather the last week and am finally starting to feel more like myself today. I thought that I would take a minute to just write a quick post with some inspiration. 

I have recently fallen in love with anything from Shauna Niequist. She is an amazing writer, blogger, and mother and has an interesting way to her writing. Since I have more time at home and classes haven't started back yet, I am spending lots of time reading (my first love). I recently finished her first book, Cold Tangerines, and jumped right into her second book, Bittersweet. If you click on over to amazon right now, the kindle edition is only $1.99!!! Shauna's chapters are more like essays that you can read in one sitting or you can take your time with each essay over a cup of coffee in the morning. 

The little bit of inspiration that I leave with you is from the opening essay of Bittersweet

"when life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow."

I wish you and yours a beautiful August weekend with lots of time for love, community, and rest! 



No comments:

Post a Comment