Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday



What a beautiful morning in North Carolina! We were up and out the door "early" this morning for a well child check which called for long sleeves and warm coffee! It actually feels like fall is here to stay, so much so that I am making sure to leave the house every day to enjoy the cooler weather. I honestly wish that fall was around all the time but it seems to be one of the shortest seasons....

I thought that it was high time for a WIPs post. I have A LOT of things on the needles right now. I keep seeing beautiful projects and become so inspired that I must cast on right then. Another barley for xander, a couple pairs of socks for me, a shawl, a gift for my soon-to-be niece, and a sweater from the already-over luvinthemommyhood kal that needs to be seamed and the sleeves finished. I also have some handspun things on the needles as well but I am undecided as to whether I will keep knitting on them or just rip them out and try something else.

And of course I am dreaming of other things while knitting on my WIPs
*another cardigan for me
*sweater for xander
*baby socks out of scraps
*hats for the niece
*another lonely tree shawl for a dear friend

In order to get things done and make a dent in my ever-growing list, I need to set goals. Finish a couple of projects before I cast on something else. As much as I love knitting, I find myself getting overwhelmed if I have too many things going. Not to mention that I really don't have the space to store languishing WIPs. I'm thinking that it should be like a 3-for-1: finish 3, cast on 1. So this week I plan to finish Xander's hat since it only takes a day or two, work on seaming my sweater and knitting the sleeves, and maybe finishing my shawl. Then I'll cast on a small project for the niece so I can work on finishing some other things. That's sounds pretty simple.

Right???

What are some things that you are working on? Knitting related or not. Grab your current WIP and let's chat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment